Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Five top health foods for your skin




There are myriad health products on the market today that throw around promises of skin hydration, wrinkle prevention, sun protection, etc. Some of these lotions and potions sell at a whopping รข‚¬10 per gram (and you thought the oil price was crazy!) and yet the manufacturers can provide little proof that it actually provides the plethora of skin maintenance benefits it claims to.So, before you buy into the hype and spend a bundle of your hard-earned cash, why don't you head down to your local health shop and see what their health food section has on offer? To help you on your way we have compiled a handy little shopping list. The following health foods all pack a hefty nutritional punch and are tasty to boot:1. Tomatoes: Great in salads, awesome in pasta sauces and simply delicious on its own with a sprinkling of salt, these ruddy beauties are a powerful weapon to have in your skin maintenance arsenal. The colourful pigments that are the source of the tomato's distinctive colour are great for replenishing the antioxidants your skin needs to battle harmful free radicals that wreck havoc with your skin's internal structure and causes everything from unsightly wrinkles to dryness. 2. Grapefruit: Vitamin C keeps supportive collages fibres supple and strong, which in turn keeps your skin from sagging. Since the body can only store a small supply of vitamin C at any given time, it is up to you to make sure that you replenish it regularly. Citrus fruit is an excellent source of vitamin C, so make sure to include a source in your diet every day. Grapefruit is a good choice - half a grapefruit delivers approximately 50 mgs of vitamin C, which is roundabout 80% of the daily recommended intake for an adult.3. Green tea: EGCG (epigallocatechin-3-gallate) is a potent antioxidant found in true teas (i.e. green, black and white tea) and an all-around good guy when it comes to battling the effects of skin aging. It counteracts the inflammatory chemicals associated with acne, aids in preventing skin cancer and socks a big one to potential tumour cells. What more could you ask for?4. Broccoli: The bane of many a pubescent child's existence, these friendly little trees actually constitute a nutritional powerhouse. In terms of skin health, it contributes a much-needed supply of vitamin A that is associated with skin growth and cell turnover. When your body experiences a vitamin A deficiency you can look forward to tough, dry skin - a look that isn't flattering at any age.5. Salmon: Cold water fish constitute a nutritional double whammy. It is a great source of both protein and essential Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 is invaluable in the fight against inflammation, which is considered to be the big nasty when it comes to all kinds of skin degeneration; while protein is required to repair damaged skin cells and to produce the hormones that keeps you all healthy and glowing.And there you have it - five yummy health foods that should make a regular appearance on your health store shopping list. Happy munching!--Adelaide Spencer runs a health shop from home and spends her free time researching organic health products online.Source: http://www.articletrader.com
Photobucket

Related Posts :



14 comments:

  1. Pretty component of content. I simply stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your weblog posts.
    Any way I'll be subscribing to your feeds or even I fulfillment you get admission to constantly quickly.

    Feel free to visit my web site ... working online from home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! I've been following your weblog for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Tx! Just wanted to tell you keep up the good work!

    Feel free to visit my web blog - Low T Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It really useful & it helped me
    out much. I am hoping to offer one thing again and aid others such as you aided me.



    My web page; Order Trimextrin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic items from you, man. I have remember your stuff previous to and you're just extremely fantastic. I actually like what you have obtained here, really like what you're stating and the way wherein you are saying it.
    You are making it entertaining and you still take care of to stay it wise.
    I cant wait to read much more from you. This is really a terrific website.


    Also visit my site; raspberry ketones reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remarkable! Its actually awesome paragraph, I have got much clear idea concerning from
    this piece of writing.

    Have a look at my web-site - Acai Energize Plus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone necessarily help to make significantly posts I might state.
    That is the very first time I frequented your website
    page and up to now? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this particular submit extraordinary.
    Excellent activity!

    Also visit my weblog - Dermolyte review

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there I am so delighted I found your blog page,
    I really found you by mistake, while I was searching on Askjeeve for something else, Anyways I am here now and would
    just like to say thanks a lot for a remarkable post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don't have time to read it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the fantastic job.

    My web page; All Natural Cleanse

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is definately a great deal to find out about this subject.
    I like all the points you have made.

    Also visit my web-site; Lift and Glow Pro reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please let me know if you're looking for a article author for your weblog. You have some really great posts and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd love to
    write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
    Please send me an e-mail if interested. Regards!


    My page Raspberry Ketone Review

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spot on with this write-up, I absolutely believe
    that this amazing site needs a great deal more attention.
    I'll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the info!

    Here is my blog Raspberry Ketone Review

    ReplyDelete
  11. I seldom drop comments, however i did a few searching and wound up
    here "Five top health foods for your skin". And I do have a couple of
    questions for you if it's allright. Could it be only me or does it look as if like a few of these remarks come across like they are written by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are posting on other sites, I would like to follow everything fresh you have to post. Would you list of every one of all your public sites like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

    Feel free to surf to my web site: muscle building facts

    ReplyDelete
  12. This page really has all the info I wanted about
    this subject and didn't know who to ask.


    turbo force reviews

    ReplyDelete
  13. I visited various sites however the audio quality for audio songs existing at this web page
    is actually fabulous.

    Stop by my homepage Lift and Glow Pro And Lift Serum Pro

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahaa, its nice dialogue about this article here at this webpage,
    I have read all that, so at this time me also commenting
    here.


    amnio prime review

    ReplyDelete