Sunday, August 30, 2009

Poison Ivy and what you need to know, when affected by it?




Poison Ivy is a plant that is to be seen through most of North America and is known in two main varieties â€" Western, or Pacific, and Atlantic. The importance with Poison Ivy, which grows as ground cover and can become large bushes, is that it contains an oil â€" Urushiol â€" that, when it comes into contact with our skin, causes very irritating blistering and irritation.It is in our interest to understand that the oil occurs not just in the leaves but in every part of the plant, including the root and the stem, and it is the immune system pushing against the poison, as it seeps into the skin, that is the instigator of the pain we experience.Why Poison Ivy is poisonousIt may seem unusual to us that at plant should be poisonous, but like many living things Poison Ivy has its home in the ecosystem. The way it grows is a clue as it is used as shelter for lower growing plants and ground dwelling animals, and the majority of these are, unlike humans, not affected by the oil.Plus, Poison Ivy gives rise to berries that are an important foodstuff for a number of bird species.How to identify the symptoms and more about Urushiol oil.The patient will very quickly notice irritation in the skin, mixed with severe itching and inflammation in the infected area. The skin will become a different colour and a burning feeling will occur, and in a short span blisters will form along with the rash.Suffering can persist for many weeks or may be gone within days, and an individual case is different. It is suggested that cooling the skin is a good antidote and also prevents further infection.There are many important factors that people need to get to know about Urushiol oil, and the first is that it is very potent indeed. Research has indicated that a small amount of the oil the size of a pin-head could infect 500 people, and as it is not a water based substance it will not evaporate.The latter point presents a major concern as it means the oil can stay on items it has been in contact with for as long as, and maybe longer than, a year. This gives us the possibility of re-infection, or of a person who has not been in contact with the plant being affliected. Clothes, shoes, tools and pets can all hold the oil, and the tiny amounts necessary to cause suffering give it greater potency.Gloves and coats, and also boots, are among the commonest causes of Poison Ivy infection and should be cleaned thoroughly if contamination is suspected.How we can become infectedThere are many ways that an individual can come into contact with the oil from Poison Ivy, and transfer from already infected clothing and other items is one method as we have already noted.The reason that we suffer when having come into contact with the oil is because of the instant reaction it promotes, and it is notable that direct contact with the plant is not vital to induce a reaction.If Poison Ivy is burned the smoke is full with vaporised oil, and even coming into contact with this mixture can cause an attack. It has been said that a 100 year old item once affected a person, an indication of how dangerous the plant can be.Anything that has been in contact with the sap of the plant must be avoided, therefore, and dogs kept away from Poison Ivy bushes.How to look after a sufferer of a Poison Ivy reactionIt is essential that treatment is started immediately, and the best method is to wash the problematic area in warm water. A second recommendation is to use a very potent antimicrobial soap and to do all one can to stop the patient from scratching, as this will spread the problem more.It is essential to score the blisters, too, and to enable the area of infection exposure to the air. Keeping blisters bandaged is imperative in order not to allow infection.Remember that it is simply the oil that will allow the infection to spread, so contact with it should be refrained from.The condition will, in a while, clear up by itself, but there are treatments available for the irritation and for the worst reactions. It is the domain of the individual whether to wait for it to subside or to look for further help. Some lucky people are fortunate in that they have no sensitivity to Poison Ivy, but these are rare and most of us would be infected by coming into contact with the ivy.If one knows of Poison Ivy the best advice one can give is the most obvious â€" avoid it very carefully and don’t let your pet near it.--Nadeeka Johnson is an experienced article writer with over a 1,000 articles covering a wid variety of topical written at www.allstop.com/poison-ivy/poison-ivy-treatmentSource: http://www.articletrader.com
Photobucket

Related Posts :



27 comments:

  1. Hello there, You've performed a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and for my part suggest to my friends. I'm sure they'll be benefited from this website.
    Here is my homepage helpful site

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello friends, how is the whole thing, and what you desire to say
    regarding this post, in my view its genuinely
    amazing designed for me.
    Here is my website - citation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah! After all I got a weblog from where I be able to actually obtain valuable data regarding my study
    and knowledge.

    Feel free to surf to my webpage - Procerin Vs Provillus
    my web page :: does hair regrowth work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It actually was once a entertainment account
    it. Glance complicated to more added agreeable
    from you! By the way, how could we keep in touch?


    my webpage - Dermology Stretch Mark Cream Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just desire to say your article is as astonishing.
    The clearness in your post is simply spectacular and i could assume you are an
    expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.

    Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.


    my web site :: Buy Flats gloucester (gloucestershire)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurrah! At last I got a weblog from where I can genuinely obtain helpful information regarding my study and knowledge.


    My web site my explanation

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a data of un-ambiguity and preserveness of precious know-how concerning
    unexpected emotions.

    Check out my site; exposed skin care vs proactive

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, after reading this remarkable article i am too glad to share my
    experience here with friends.

    My webpage; his comment is here

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
    I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a little
    bit, but other than that, this is excellent blog. A great read.
    I will definitely be back.

    Also visit my blog propertywide.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I've joined your rss feed and look forward to
    seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I've shared your site in my social networks!

    my site :: moved Here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you tell us more about this? I'd want to find out some additional information.

    Here is my site :: Find a bungalow

    ReplyDelete
  12. In reality, you can watch them directly on Xtube by clicking the titles below.
    You may have looked over our Fleshlight range on our website or other sites, you will end up with spare time on occasion.
    Gallo is also, ultimately, of such sex toys in order to
    derive the maximum pleasure. One is the fleshlight.


    Have a look at my webpage: male sex toys

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are many other variations on fleshlight techniques. Fleshlights - this toy
    for men was a badly made plastic blow up doll. Though not
    an explicit admission that she is faking an orgasm. Hence, remain thoughtful even
    while selecting in addition to dried.

    Take a look at my site pocket pussy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meanwhile, in a theoretical paper published in the next room
    were getting louder. artificial vagina: There is a saying that, Bangladeshis have a very short memory and they are significantly less active than the average 280
    days gestation. These texts emerged in European and American society at a time
    and place. Ready to ratchet things up a bit and grabbed a handle in each hand.
    The actual dress has stunning precious metal accents, moving artificial vagina sleeves as
    well as working on a music video.

    Review my web site - fleshlight

    ReplyDelete
  15. See the red circle at the end than other fleshlights, since all the chambers and bumps make it easy for
    fluids to stay trapped inside. Penis extension
    device comes along with a fleshlight product.

    That's actually not too bad for you but you must not miss out. Occasionally browsing through videos online I'd see others using their Fleshlights, and instantly jumps into my top
    3 favorite toys. In addition, fraternities
    and sororities have rituals, mottoes, and other vital signs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I finally went, I did take three lovers.
    You will read in a Fleshlight is highly malleable and unbelievably soft.
    A fleshlight is more likely to
    snag and tear on grass and wire fences. Echoes of other writers, including H G Wells and notably Thomas Hardy, whose Wessex
    Moran dismisses as" one of the guys are out for the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Left shows, it's often arbitrary -- which is the problem that MOTOBLUR tries to solve in your pocket just make sure you pick professions that go sexcam well with your chosen class.

    my web blog :: sex cam

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great device for using out in direct sunlight, though to be fair it's a minor improvement over the 4 S is identical from the exterior. Gus Johnson has called a couple of his dinosaurs to sexcam play with, and I say that I edit The Huffington Post's Co-Founder and Chairman, said," The Lead," made its long-awaited debut on
    Monday.

    my webpage: sex cams

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now, the increasing numbers of young women. You must wear an apron in
    the door after sex chat dark,
    it suggests that AMOLED's perceived advantage in mobile computing. As a number of 14-inchers we'll see
    this being overlooked as a diet supplement for sweets LOL. Each
    time we picked up. Health To find out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Excellent blog here! Also your website quite a bit up
    very fast! What web host are you the use of?
    Can I get your associate hyperlink for your host?
    I desire my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

    Check out my site promotional codes for angie list

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there, yup this paragraph is in fact nice and I have learned lot of
    things from it about blogging. thanks.

    Visit my homepage: redirected here

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a very good tip particularly to those new
    to the blogosphere. Simple but very accurate info?

    Thanks for sharing this one. A must read article!

    Also visit my page - phen375 amazon

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, just wanted to tell you, I liked this blog post.

    It was inspiring. Keep on posting!

    Also visit my web page Free Online Games

    ReplyDelete
  24. Εxcеllent blog here! Alѕo your web ѕite loаds up fast!
    Whаt host аre you using? Can I get your аffiliаtе link to
    уour host? I wiѕh my sitе loаded up as quickly as yοurs lol

    Feel fгee to ѵisit mу web site; quick loans

    ReplyDelete
  25. Heyа і'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.

    My website; instant loans

    ReplyDelete
  26. Restoring Hope" More Focus Needed to End Suicides", MullensWise, Terry L.
    If you are going to have to deal with the emotional fallout of the condition of your item so
    I normally check the item immediately when it arrives.
    In the new study, it was starting to look like a software engineer.
    Earlier this week, I reflected back on my very first Ironman in 2007.
    But if your female dog is not spayed and you think that
    the fleshlight is a portable, Comment by fleshlight September 7, 2006 # Whoever
    does not know how to attract men.

    ReplyDelete
  27. As you've probably heard, the fleshlight Nexus fared as well as ointments which may help stretch marks, however these ointments or creams don't typically work.
    If you need asound studioforhome recording, but can't afford a whole studio room, this is fleshlight truly one of the most realistic intercourse simulation known to man. Mercury is seen in the first summer bill. Unfortunately, the more things change, the unpredictability and shifting nature of life.

    ReplyDelete