Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Exercise Tips for People on the Move




If you have a busy schedule, you may not think that you have the time to put together an adequate exercise routine. Nothing could be further from the truth. The key to a long, happy, and healthy life is to get plenty of exercise and enjoy a healthy diet. No matter how busy you think you are, there are plenty of good reasons to find time to exercise. Here are a few ideas.One of the best ways to fit exercise into a busy schedule is to do it at home. If you don’t have the time to travel to and from the gym, then work out for an hour, and then deal with the rest of your day, your house may just be the best option. Yoga is a great workout and is cost effective too; all you need is a yoga mat and DVD. There are plenty of workout plans for busy folks like you, so look for one that has 20 minute workouts. Exercising for 20 minutes a day is better than nothing. If you work from home, these 20 minutes could be on your lunch break.If you’re not into the yoga mat and DVD, there is always the option of a treadmill or an elliptical machine. If you have a small space, there are plenty of machines available today that fold into neat, compact shapes for easy storage. Elliptical machines and treadmills would allow you to get a great cardio workout. Almost all treadmills sold today can fold up for even easier storage. Slide it under your bed or stand it up against the wall. If you are into toning your muscles you may want to look into something such as a pull-up bar or some free weights. For people who might sit at a desk for an extended period of time, it is important to get up and walk around every so often. This is good for your circulation and your well-being. As you sit at your desk all day, gravity pulls your blood toward your feet. This can lead to swollen feet at the end of the day. While at work, place your office implements in strategic places that will encourage activity. Place your stapler on the top shelf, so that you must get up and stretch for it when you need it. Make sure that you take a break at least once an hour. Get up and do a few jumping jacks or good stretches. If you practice yoga, pick your favorite pose for a few minutes.On your lunch hour, or during that coffee break, set some time aside to take a brisk walk. Just 10 minutes a day will do the trick. You don’t have to break a sweat and ruin that suit, but get your heart going. Or, walk to a deli nearby to enjoy lunch with your coworkers. Use the stairs instead of the elevator. Do what you can to get your blood flowing and body moving. A “healthy” drawer at home or the office is also a great way to maintaining a healthy lifestyle when life is busy. While this won’t increase the amount of exercise that you get, it can help you snack in a more healthy way. Instead of that bag of chips or candy bar, go for a high-fiber snack bar or some carrots. In your healthy drawer you can keep a few health snacks like a power bar or dried fruit. And why not keep an extra pair of sneakers at work. They may come in handy on those beautiful days when you want to take that 10 minute walk down the street to the deli to grab some lunch. And on those days where you just want to go for a walk, it’s better to do it in a comfortable pair of sneaker rather than those dress shoes.At home, if you have chores to do, do them with some enthusiasm. Who says cleaning the house has to boring? Put some music that gets you in the mood to move and dance away as you dust the dining room. Any activity is better than no activity. Bring the heart rate up as you scrubbing the shower or vacuuming the bedrooms. You are being active and getting house work accomplished at the same time.Exercising even when you think you don’t have the time might be easier than you think. By waking up just a few minutes earlier you might be able to take a quick walk around the block or even do some push-ups. Get your heart rate up and get that blood flowing as soon as you wake up. A little activity in the morning or on your lunch break can go a long way, especially when this is done consistently. Fitting in little exercise sessions throughout your busy day is a way for you to stay healthy buy just going about your daily routine.--Lisa Parker is a blogger and freelance writer who writes about dieting and fitness, often discussing specific products such as the Iron Gym.Source: http://www.articletrader.com
Photobucket

Related Posts :



14 comments:

  1. I pay a visit each day a few sites and sites to read posts, but this webpage presents
    feature based articles.

    my web-site :: bed 140cm

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there and thank you for your information – I've definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues using this site, since I experienced to reload the site lots of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I'm
    adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for a lot more of your respective fascinating content.
    Ensure that you update this again soon.

    Feel free to visit my web site :: exercises for vertical leap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I constantly spent my half an hour to read this webpage's articles all the time along with a mug of coffee.

    Here is my web page - workouts to improve vertical jump

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's difficult to find knowledgeable people about this subject, however, you seem like you know what you're talking about!
    Thanks

    Check out my web-site ... exercises for vertical

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, i think that i saw you visited my site so i came to “return the
    favor”.I'm attempting to find things to improve my site!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

    My web site ... workouts to improve vertical leap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic however I'd figured I'd
    ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa?
    My blog goes over a lot of the same subjects as
    yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you might be interested feel free to send me an
    e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Awesome blog
    by the way!

    Also visit my site www.tutuben.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all folks you really realize what
    you are talking approximately! Bookmarked. Please additionally consult with my site
    =). We will have a hyperlink alternate agreement between us

    Also visit my blog: lisa nowak

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and
    starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.
    Your blog provided us valuable information to work on.
    You have done a extraordinary job!

    my web page - How to Dunk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am extremely inspired along with your writing skills as well
    as with the layout in your blog. Is this a paid subject matter or did
    you customize it yourself? Anyway stay up the nice quality writing, it is uncommon to look a great weblog like this one these days.
    .

    My site; childfamilypractices.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very descriptive article, I liked that a lot. Will there be a part 2?


    Also visit my page ... workouts For vertical jump

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's awesome in favor of me to have a website, which is useful in favor of my know-how. thanks admin

    Feel free to surf to my site :: exercises to increase vertical

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.
    I will bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.

    I am quite sure I'll learn plenty of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

    my web-site ... www.loretohighschoollimuru.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. With havin so much content do you ever run into
    any problems of plagorism or copyright violation? My site has a lot of completely unique
    content I've either created myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission. Do you know any methods to help reduce content from being stolen? I'd genuinely appreciate
    it.

    Feel free to visit my web blog :: workouts to improve vertical

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please let me know if you're looking for a article author for your blog. You have some really great posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absolutely love to write some
    content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
    Please send me an e-mail if interested. Kudos!


    Here is my web site Workouts To Increase Vertical

    ReplyDelete