Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hypertension and the Good News for Fast Food Lovers




Some of the UK’s leading fast food chains have committed to lowering levels of salt and fat within their meals. McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Subway, Nando’s and Wimpy have all promised to lower levels of saturated and trans fats as well as lowering salt levels. This is excellent news for all fast food lovers but especially those with high blood pressure and cholesterol.At last the United Kingdom’s leading fast food chains are taking responsibility for the amount of salt and saturated and trans fats in their food which will make their meals more heart and blood pressure friendly. Fast food has always been known as a bad offender when it comes to fats and salt content and until recently, it has been difficult to make healthy informed choices as the majority of their menus have not displayed nutritional information. Many of these meals have contained up to two thirds (if not more) of the maximum daily recommended salt intake.Limiting salt intake and reducing the amount of trans and saturated fats are two of the most important and effective ways of preventing or reducing high blood pressure and risk of heart attacks. The maximum recommended intake of salt is just 6g per day as stipulated by the Department of Health, and the maximum recommended daily intake of saturated fat is just 20g. When you think that at present, a McDonalds Big Mac on its own without any fries or sides contains a total of 10g of saturated fat and 2.1g of salt. With levels like this you can see why it is important to know the nutritional values of such food product and for the manufacturers of them to act more responsibly by showing the ingredients and by trying to make them healthier.Eating less salt has many health benefits including assisting in lowering blood pressure which may, in turn, decrease the risk of serious cardiovascular conditions. Sufferers of high blood pressure who frequently monitor their pressure levels, will notice the difference that more or less salt makes to their reading, for instance if they have eaten something that they wouldn’t have usually. Fortunately keeping an eye on salt content in food is becoming easier as is self monitoring of blood pressure at home with the increased availability of electronic blood pressure monitors. Controlling and monitoring high blood pressure can be assisted by owning a personal blood pressure monitor. Whilst blood pressure is measured during doctor’s visits, it is often beneficial to monitor blood pressure in between appointments to give a more consistent and accurate reading. Home monitoring of blood pressure can help sufferers stick to their lifestyle changes by providing a visual reminder of their condition and give visual progress indicators. Buying a blood pressure monitor can be a difficult and confusing process, not only is there extensive choice, the price brackets and technical information can vary greatly. This is why the British Hypertension Society (BHS) have created the BHS list of approved blood pressure monitors to make the selection process easier. BHS approved blood pressure monitors can be purchased online from First Aid Warehouse, the UK’s premier supplier of medical and first aid equipment and accessories. First Aid Warehouse also stock a range of items to assist with exercise and weight loss goals such as step counters and body fat monitors, and there is also a very comprehensive range of vitamins, minerals, health supplements, personal testing and smoking cessation products.-- Blood Pressure Monitors and Medical Plasters Source: http://www.articletrader.com
Photobucket

Related Posts :



16 comments:

  1. Very nice article, totally what I wanted to find.

    my blog post: Acai Ultra Lean Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this piece of writing is good, my younger sister is analyzing
    such things, so I am going to convey her.

    Here is my web-site ... How Can I lose weight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wished to mention that I have really loved browsing your weblog posts.
    After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I'm hoping you write again very soon!

    my weblog ... Green Coffee Cleanse Review

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's up Dear, are you in fact visiting this site on a regular basis, if so afterward you will definitely get fastidious experience.

    Also visit my website Buy viarex

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is certainly a lot to know about this subject.
    I really like all the points you made.

    Also visit my page ... Revolyn facts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey very interesting blog!

    My page - raspberry ketones reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the perfect web site for anybody who really wants to find out about this
    topic. You understand so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that
    I really would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a new spin on a subject that has been written about for years.
    Excellent stuff, just great!

    my web-site Auravie Wrinkle REduction []

    ReplyDelete
  8. As the name suggests, natural bodybuilding is naturally to build one's body. There's a clever little line in the
    Jimmy Buffet lyrics "Fruitcakes" when his 'lady' is lamenting:
    "I treat my body like a temple, You treat yours like a tent".
    Figuring out how much protein you should be eating can be tricky.



    Also visit my web site ... Power Pump XL Review

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey very cool web site!! Guy .. Excellent .. Superb .. I'll bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally? I'm happy to
    find so many useful info here in the post, we need develop extra strategies on this regard,
    thanks for sharing. . . . . .

    Here is my site; Lift and Glow Pro And Lift Serum Pro (http://www.edwiki.net.au/wiki/index.php?title=User:RudolfGol)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and coverage!
    Keep up the excellent works guys I've included you guys to blogroll.

    Visit my webpage ... Raspberry Ketone Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't even know the way I stopped up here, but I thought this publish used to be good. I do not recognise who you're however definitely you're going to a well-known blogger should you are not already. Cheers!

    Look into my homepage :: Raspberry Ketone Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the
    video to make your point. You obviously know what youre talking
    about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos
    to your weblog when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?


    Also visit my web blog: muscle building

    ReplyDelete
  13. Somebody necessarily assist to make critically posts I would state.
    That is the first time I frequented your web page and so
    far? I surprised with the research you made to make this actual post extraordinary.

    Excellent task!


    build muscle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks , I've just been looking for information about this subject for a while and yours is the best I've came upon so far.

    But, what about the bottom line? Are you certain in regards
    to the source?

    Look at my web page :: Lift and glow Pro

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks to my father who shared with me regarding this web site, this weblog is actually
    amazing.

    Also visit my blog: Order Androsolve

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't even know how I stopped up here, but I assumed this publish used to be great. I do not know who you might be however definitely you're going to
    a famous blogger for those who aren't already. Cheers!


    http://www.boscarol.com/wiki/index.php?title=Burn_fat

    Also visit my blog post :: burn fat

    ReplyDelete