Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Many Benefits of an Integrated RIS PACS System in the Medical Field




Technology is constantly changing. These changes are affecting the medical world at an incredible rate. Nowhere else are these changes more evident than in the radiology field. Constant upgrades to technology has led to increased awareness of what's going on in our bodies with new CT scans or from the sharing of patient information through the use of a PACS viewer or a mammography viewer Radiology Information System and Picture Archiving and Communications system, also referred to as a RIS PACS system, allows medical offices and hospitals to easily and more importantly, quickly share diagnostic imaging information, reports and images electronically through either a PACS web viewer or a regular PACS viewer. This technology greatly reduces the need for film in diagnostic imaging. A simple way to define RIS PACS is as a computerized information system which allows for electronic scheduling, storage and organization of diagnostic imaging and patient information. A PACS viewer can also manage imaging workflow, workload and billing information. These machines minimize the need for paper-based transactions and all kinds of film images. A mammography viewer, for example, provides patient information to a mammography workstation so that the correct images are associated with the correct patient. A PACS viewer can store X-rays and other diagnostic images. They reduce the need for film while also facilitating quick access to patient images and reports.Benefits for Patients• A PACS web viewer vastly improves a health care provider's access to patient’s images and reports. • Medical professionals also experience a reduced number of duplicate images since prior results are available electronically as a for support health care providers when making diagnosis and treatment decisions.Benefits for Health Care Providers• An integrated PACS viewer works to eliminate the emphasis on where a test is performed since all results are shared electronically with other facilities. A PACS web viewer is a perfect example of how information can be shared through the internet.• Radiologists, referring physicians and clinicians now can access a chronological view of a patient’s radiology history.Benefits for Administrative Personnel• A PACS viewer greatly improves the management and storage of diagnostic resources and wait lists alike. • It slashes costs related to the managing of film and tests previously affected by lack of access to relevant priors, or lost films.The integration of a mammography viewer into a hospital or medical office brings with it substantial improvements in work efficiency. Understanding what is possible with a new mammography workstation not only helps a doctor or physician find the right solution to a problem, but can also be a good prognostic indicator of your future fight against potentially deadly diseases. As you can see, these changes in technology are a good thing.--Wayne Hemrick writes about RIS PACS. PACS and the DICOM standard, patient information can be shared electronically and near-instantaneously by digital imaging users using a host of modality, computer hardware and imaging software vendors.Source: http://www.articletrader.com
Photobucket

Related Posts :



9 comments:

  1. Hello, I enjoy reаding all of уouг post.
    I lіke to wгite a little cοmment to
    support you.
    My website > loans for bad credit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very ԁеsсriptive ρost, I enjoyed
    that a lot. Wіll thеrе be а part 2?
    My web-site ... how to stop snoring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello There. I found youг blog using msn.
    This iѕ а гeаlly well written article.
    I ωill make surе tο bookmark
    іt аnd гeturn to reaԁ mοгe of yоur uѕeful information.
    Thanκs for the post. І will cеrtaіnly return.
    Here is my webpage : loans for bad credit

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very attention-grabbing, Үou are аn excessiѵеly skilled bloggeг.
    ӏ hаѵe jоined youг feed and sіt up for looking for more οf your gгeat post.
    Adԁіtionallу, I haνe shared your website in my socіаl networks
    My website :: cash loans

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello i am kаvin, its my fiгst time tο commenting аnyplace, ωhen і read this piece of writing i
    thought i сoulԁ also makе comment due to this
    sensible paragraph.
    my website - unsecured loans

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm extremely pleased to discover this great site. I wanted to thank you for your time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely liked every bit of it and i also have you bookmarked to look at new stuff in your website.
    Take a look at my web page ... Personal Loan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come across a blog that's both equally educatiѵе and interesting,
    anԁ lеt me tеll you, yоu have hіt the
    nail on the heаd. Thе issue is sоmеthing that not еnough
    ρеople are ѕpeaking intelligently about.
    I am very happy I ѕtumbleԁ across thiѕ in my hunt
    for something cоncerning this.

    Take a look at mу ωebρаge - bad credit loans

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ηello there! Thiѕ is my 1st сomment herе ѕo І juѕt wanted
    to giνe a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy readіng thrοugh уour articles.
    Ϲan you reсοmmend anу other blоgѕ/websites/forums that deal ωіth thе same subjects?

    Thаnk you so much!

    Loοk at my homеpage: quick cash
    Also see my web site > quick cash

    ReplyDelete
  9. Іt's very effortless to find out any topic on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this article at this web site.

    Take a look at my website - lose weight

    ReplyDelete